Sony is beginning the rollout of a new firmware update for its current flagship, the Xperia Z2. The software (version number 17.1.2.A.0.314) doesn't bump the underlying version of Android, which was already based on KitKat. Instead, Sony is cleaning up the rough edges.
Here's the changelog for the 17.1.2.A.0.314 firmware.
- Enhanced voice call quality
- Improved touch function and performance
- Charging improved when battery is low
- Overall performance and stability improved
- And all of our latest bug fixes and improvements
As Sony is fond of pointing out, software updates happen at different times in different regions, so you might not be getting an update just yet. Your carrier can also delay things. Although, the Z2 is still not officially on sale in the US, so there are no "hands-on" carriers dragging their feet on updates. Just give it some time and the update should appear.