Motorola hasn't forgotten about those devices that aren't part of the "Moto" family. The Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, and Droid Mini on Verizon are getting the Android 4.4.4 update starting today. Even the Moto X hasn't been given the go ahead yet.
The update (version 21.11.21) will include a number of improvements over 4.4.2, which you can see below.
- Camera: Improved camera image quality including better consistency of exposure, more realistic flash coloring, improved photos in low light conditions using front camera.
- Camera: Added the ability to pause video recording with a convenient pause/resume button on the viewfinder.
- Updated Verizon applications: VZ Cloud and Visual Voicemail application (VVM3.)
- Added Isis mobile wallet application for contactless payment for Droid Ultra users on Verizon.
- Fixed Bluetooth connectivity issue
- Enables Motorola Alert Application download
The current generation of Droids are very similar to the Moto X on the inside, but there are a few very minor software tweaks. It's interesting Android 4.4.4 hit these devices first, but the Motorola page says an update for the Verizon Moto X is coming soon. The update is rolling out in batches, but supposedly you can download it manually with the update menu.