HTC manages its Sense Android skin a bit differently than other OEMs do. It makes a big deal about the features each version includes, and actually updates old devices to the new UI, even if it takes a separate update to do it. The AT&T M7 got Android 4.4 a while back, but the updated Sense 6 is ready to go out today.
The update (version PN07120) is essentially the same thing that reached other versions of the One M7 in past months. Here's the full changelog.
- User interface has an updated color palate, customizable fonts and multiple themes.
- HTC BlinkFeed (TM) has an updated interface and includes more news sources.
- Camera app has been updated with a new easier-to-use design and quick access to the different camera modes such as the Zoe 3-in-1 solution.
- Gallery is now easier to find the photos you want plus Point of Interest locations in Map view and Image Match to find photos more quickly.
- Apps Tray is redesigned for quicker access to customizable options.
- HTC Sense TV now features a redesigned user interface, live sports scores, stats and social media integration.
So, the bottom line here is that it looks nicer and does a few new things. It won't make your M7 into an M8, but it's still nice. If you want to know more about the Sense 6 feature set, check out HTC's site. The update will be rolling out gradually and clocks in at 672MB.