As one of the world's largest airlines, you'd expect BA to be on top of its Android app - oh man, who am I kidding: like most airlines, BA had an absolute crapfest of an Android app for years, and now it's finally gotten around to making it not look so god-awful.
The British Airways app's v3.0 update looks vaguely modern, I mean, it has a hamburger navigation slideout menu. So that's good. Or something. Here's the full changelog:
We’ve completely redesigned and rebuilt the BA app, adding many new features:
- Personalised home screen themed on your next flight
- Weather at your next destination
- New navigation menu
- Revamped flight booking and check-in process
- The app displays your Tier colour throughout
- A completely redesigned flight status layout
- A new "Manage my flight" screen
- New-look my account screen showing your Avios and Tier Points
New features like weather at your next destination, a brand-new navigation structure, reworked flight status layout, and an improved booking and check-in process should make the app substantially less painful to use. I mean, just look at the new app and the old one side by side. It's terrifying that you could have downloaded the thing on the left just yesterday.
So, if you're a BA frequent flyer, you should probably be hitting up the Play Store immediately, because I can only assume you've already gone through enough eye bleach for one lifetime by now.