Flying is already unpleasant enough with all the TSA body scanners and unruly children kicking the back of your seat and screaming their heads off until you just have to scream back at them and the flight attendant has to ask you both to stop, but she also gives you some pretzels to make you feel better... adding a crappy mobile app in the mix is just too much. Luckily, the United Airlines app has just gotten a big 2.0 update.
Here's the full list of new features.
- All-new Android friendly design
- Improved booking search results, giving you the choice of a list view for more flights on the screen, or an expanded view for a more detailed display
- Multi-segment award bookings
- Enhanced calendar selection for flight search
- All-new seat map design
- New mobile boarding pass display with enhanced multi-passenger view
- Streamlined flight status look and feel
There are some screens of the old interface below for you to compare – clearly this is a huge step in the right direction. That old UI was just horrible. Now it's looking very native to Android, and even comes with a nice little widget for frequent fliers. The overall UI is the biggest change, but the improved functionality is great too. The app is free, but the flights are much less free.