Here at Android Police, we like to keep things fair and balanced. So when a major news network puts effort into a mobile app, you can expect a shout out from us. Yesterday Al Jazeera America rolled out a new and attractive dedicated app, and as it turns out, Fox News had also recently pushed a complete redesign to its own.
To fully appreciate the difference, this is how the Fox News app used to look.
- Breaking News hub- one stop for breaking news stories & videos
- Multitasking- watch Fox News Channel live* while you read the news
- More News! Now you can drill down into subsections
- Related stories now compliment articles
- Search for stories on the topics that interest you
- Supports control for screen rotation and large text
- *Fox News Channel & Fox Business Network live are only available through authorized cable, satellite & telco subscription packages
The content's largely the same, but now it's far more readable. There are videos provided for the stories that need that little extra something, and you can even watch the channel live (though you will need a TV subscription to do so). The app is ad-supported, but aside from that, you can enjoy it entirely for free.