In between those countless hours spent cutting fruit, flinging birds, and laughing at cats, it might be beneficial to put your mind up to something more productive. Lynda.com already provides a way to learn new skills from the comfort of your desk, but its pre-existing Android app could use some tender loving care. Today, it has received it. Lots of it.
The new native app that fits on both phones and tables has more courses, a sidebar for navigating through its content, voice search, and support for playlists. Non-members can browse the library, but you need to sign up for most of the good stuff, along with extra features such as offline viewing. The app should be able to run on any Android device running Gingerbread or higher.
- Both Android phone and tablet compatibility
- Compatibility with Android 2.3+
- Offline Viewing of courses available for annual premium members
- Better navigation via side drawer
- My courses with course history
- Playlist functionality includes adding, removing, and editing playlists and playlist items
- Nonmember library browsing
- Search with voice recognition
- Sharing courses with social networks
- Assigned playlists for lyndaEnterprise members
- Classes for lyndaClassroom members
Source: Press Release