If there was ever a reason to use lock screen widgets, DashClock is it. This app from Google Engineer Roman Nurik creates a cool widget for your home or lock screen that can show data from multiple apps. It has been a while since it got an update (v1.5 was back in June), but v1.6 is out now with some nice tweaks.
Here's the changelog for your perusal:
- NEW! Visibility and color customization options
- NEW! Visual design tweaks
- NEW! New options for accessing DashClock settings
- Weather extension reliability improvements
- Fixed a few bugs related to the Gmail and SMS extensions
In the advanced appearance options, you can now specify the background opacity and text/icon color used by the widget. The only choices for colors are black and white, but it should help you match the widget to your aesthetic a little better. The clock can also be hidden now.
All the new settings can be independently set for the home and lock screen versions of DashClock. A 1x1 settings widget makes it easy to access the settings without jumping back to the lock screen too. Not bad for a free app.