The Hulu Plus app has gone from a poorly supported buggy mess to a solid experience during its run. In the most recent update, Hulu Plus gains some cool new features like Android-y slide-out navigation and a redesigned layout for shows with multiple seasons. The volume of ads, however, remains unchanged.
Here's the full changelog straight from the source:
- New navigation panel for easy access to all your hubs - TV, Movies, Kids, Originals, Latino & British
- Persistent resume bar so you can resume playback across all devices
- Easy access to multiple seasons on show pages with new seasons tray
- Re-imagined programming of trays to surface popular & recommended content
- Bug fixes & performance enhancements
The new navigation menu gives you quick access to the queue, profile, and a ton of categories. That persistent resume bar is also handy with the new emphasis on Chromecast streaming in apps like Hulu Plus. This, along with the new season layout, makes it easier to find what you want and get it playing. The update should be live for everyone right now. Here are a few screens of the old UI: