Welcome to the latest entry in our Bonus Round series, wherein we tell you all about the new Android games of the day that we couldn't get to during our regular news rounds. Consider this a quick update for the dedicated gamers who can't wait for our bi-weekly roundups, and don't want to wade through a whole day's worth of news just to get their pixelated fix. Today we've got an interesting online turn-based RPG, another pixelated adventure from Nostalgic, and a game that brings both the wub-wub and the unse-unse. Without further ado:
Runes Of War
Sometimes I wish Kairosoft would break their city builder/RPG titles out of the pixelated niche, and if they did, that game might look like Runes of War. This stylish 2D game combines elements from the aforementioned Kairosoft games to become a mix of Civilization and a turn-based RPG, with the added kink of online multiplayer thrown in for good measure. The online component is the clear star here - Runes of War even has a basic guild and communication system built in. But as always with free-to-play multiplayer games, beware of the IAP menace.
A Strategy Builder Multiplayer Game set in the romance of the Medieval age! Rule as Lord of your city, recruiting Knights to battle, managing your serfs to gather resources, and build your city into a bastion of strength and hope. Carefully allocate resources to feed and grow your city, forge great treasures, strategically make and break alliances, develop your knowledge of ancient magic. Prevail in the ultimate goal to overthrow the Dark Knight and his Dragons, and establish a noble and tranquil Camelot in a sea of turmoil.
Nostalgic Software certainly lives up to its name: old-school adventure titles are the developer's bread and butter. But it looks like they're branching out in Vacation Vexation (great title!), an adventure game set on a beachfront getaway. Not only do get the usual story-heavy combine-the-items goodness and Nostalgic's unique brand of humor, but you also get to try your hand at real (er, virtual) games in the in-app arcade. Shenmue fans will feel right at home. The paid app is below, and here's a free demo.
Ah, the family seaside vacation. Sun, sand and... annoyances galore. Explore, solve puzzles and play arcade mini-games in this sequel to "Quiet, Please!".
• Classic adventure game fun on your hand-held device.
• Explore a lighthearted and humorous environment.
• Use your wits and a bit of mischief to solve puzzles.
• Play mini-games in the Funhaus arcade.
Do you like dubstep? Do you like rhythm games? Then grab your glow-sticks and hide the goods, and go download DubSlider. It's your basic tunnel runner game with dubstep music and the kind of psychedelic graphics that would make the visualizer from Windows Media Player green with envy. Best of all, there are no ads or in-app purchases.
Let's slide through the dubstep funnel! This is an indie rhythm-based musical arcade game, where you control the dub-trap and catch the rhythm orbs on your way. More orbs means more score points. That's it. No ADS and no In-App purchases ever for all of our games!
Be sure to check out our gaming coverage from earlier today:
- Angry Birds Go Will Be Stuffed With In-App Purchases, Some As High As $100 - Gamers Cry Fowl
- [New Game] MLB Releases Franchise MVP, Empowers You To Fulfill Your Dream Of Being The Best Player On A Major League Team
- [New Game] The BBC's Doctor Who: Legacy Comes To Android With Fun That's Bigger On The Inside
- [New Game] Cartoon Network's 'Wrath Of Psychobos - Ben 10' Morphs Into A Portable Adventure Now Available For Android
- [New Game] After Making Its Android Debut In Humble Mobile Bundle 3, Ridiculous Fishing Enters The Play Store For $2.99