The folks at eBay have been slowly but surely improving the Android app, and today there's another notable update hitting Google Play. Version 2.5 of the app is live, and it will reportedly make searching for things on the site somewhat less aggravating. We can only hope.
Here's the changelog straight from eBay:
- Redesigned search experience: New search results view with larger (4x) photos, Refine your results more quickly
- "Free in-store pickup" option to buy items from local retailers on eBay and pick them up in a store nearby at a time that's convenient to you
- Filter positive, neutral and negative feedback
- Your personalized Feed is now accessible from the home screen
- Design improvements and new features for sellers
Buying something on eBay usually requires a lot of digging through search results, so it's nice to see some attention paid to the experience. The free in-store pickups are handy as well, but be aware that isn't going to be available everywhere. So go forth and enjoy mobile capitalism. Just remember not to accept any cashier's checks from Nigeria.