Owners of the budget-oriented Sony Xperia L are getting a nice surprise today as the company announced an update to Android 4.2 (build 15.3.A.0.26). The device launched with Android 4.1, and this update not only bumps it up to 4.2, it includes some improvements to Sony's apps and features.
— Sony Xperia News (@SonyMobileNews) October 29, 2013
Here's the full list of changes direct from Sony:
- Google Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- A revamped homescreen experience for handling widgets, apps and shortcuts. With up to 7 desktop panes, widgets that auto-resize and actionable notifications, you have complete flexibility to create the interface you want / need with a few simple touches!
- Application tray sorting is that bit breezier – just press and hold on any app – move, add it to your desktop or create a folder within the tray by dropping it on top of another! We’ve also added a new search function within the application tray that makes it easy to locate your local apps.
- Updated UI and added functionality in the Sony Media apps. For example: Playmemories integration in the album application and Music Unlimited integration in the walkman application.
- Added camera functionalities such as Burst mode that ensures you never will miss a perfect shot again.
The update is rolling out over the air, but might not be available for all devices just yet. You can check the update menu (mash the button until it works), or install via a computer with the Sony companion app. Make sure to check out the About Phone menu to see what build you're on – this update is 15.3.A.0.26.