Last week, we published the first look at Play Store 4.4, which most notably replaced the menu-accessible navigation buttons with a new slide-out UI. An APK teardown of this update also yielded the news of Google Play Newsstand and a special message to the AP teardown team that we humbly enjoyed quite a bit. Today, this update is live.
Unfortunately, the rumor of a more drastic card-heavy UI update hasn't panned out just yet, but we'll continue looking out for it in future Play Store updates.
And a few earlier ones:
Slide-out navigation seems to be the only change we found in Play Store v4.4.21 compared to the previous version v4.3.11. If you spot something we haven't, please drop a line below.
File Size History
- com.android.vending-3.10.14.apk 5.88 MB (6,174,123 bytes)
- com.android.vending-4.0.25.apk 5.89 MB (6,183,354 bytes)
- com.android.vending-4.0.26.apk 5.89 MB (6,181,405 bytes)
- com.android.vending-4.0.27.apk 5.89 MB (6,181,458 bytes)
- com.android.vending-4.1.6.apk 5.75 MB (6,036,474 bytes)
- com.android.vending-4.1.10.apk 5.76 MB (6,040,792 bytes)
- com.android.vending-4.2.3.apk 5.76 MB (6,046,580 bytes)
- com.android.vending-4.2.9.apk 5.84 MB (6,129,144 bytes)
- com.android.vending-4.3.10.apk 5.75 MB (6,036,657 bytes)
- com.android.vending-4.3.11.apk 5.75 MB (6,038,575 bytes)
- com.android.vending-4.4.21.apk 5.84 MB (6,126,172 bytes)
The APK is signed by Google and upgrades your existing Play Store. The cryptographic signature guarantees that the file is safe to install and was not tampered with in any way. Rather than wait for Google to push this download to your devices, which can take weeks, download and install it just like any other APK and enjoy the new Play Store experience.