Firefox Beta users, listen up. It's time to whip out your phone and check for updates. The slightly less stable version of Mozilla's mobile browser has made the leap to version 25, and it's picked up a few new features along the way. The most visible new feature is a new guest browsing mode that lets you safely hand the phone over to grandma without her getting a closer look at your browsing history than either of you ever wanted.
Mozilla's also rolled out mixed content blocking aimed at protecting users from man-in-the-middle attacks and unwanted eavesdroppers. On a less threatening note, add-ons can now add indicators to the URL bar. In addition to this, Romanian, Irish, and Ukrainian locales have been added to the browser. Other changes are geared at developers, so here's the full change log.
- Guest Browsing added for handing your phone & browser to a friend
- Mixed content blocking enabled to protects users from man-in-the-middle attacks and eavesdroppers on HTTPS pages
- Add-ons can now add indicators to the URL Bar
- Romanian, Irish, and Ukranian locales added
- Remote debugging with desktop Firefox can now be enabled from the settings
- Contacts API now implemented in support of web apps
- CSS3 background-attachment:local support to control background scrolling
- Many new ES6 functions implemented
- iframe document content can now be specified inline
That sums it up. If you prefer Mozilla's mobile browser over the competitors' and want to experience what's coming down the pipeline sooner, grab the app from the Play Store below.
Source: Firefox Beta Notes