Ustream seems to have found its niche in the live streaming of video. The app lets you broadcast live to any number on viewers of WiFi or mobile data. In the new update, developers seem to have spruced up the joint. Ustream is now much more attractive and should also have better video performance.
The screenshots cover most of the major changes (ignore the colorful and unnecessary frames), but there are some images of the old UI down at the bottom for comparison. Here's the full changelog:
- New fly-in menu with categories for easy navigation
- New featured upcoming events
- New blue actionbar with redesigned icons
- New light color theme and app icon
- New settings on phones
- Reduced buffering time
- Various streaming improvements
- Available on Android 2.3 and above
The old app was a little Holo (#YOLO), but had a real Honeycomb vibe. This new one has the lighter colors, a proper action bar, and even the new hamburger navigation menu. Certainly can't complain about improved streaming quality either. Ustream is free with ads, or you can buy a premium account to go ad-free.