Earlier this month, a Samsung Galaxy S3 exploded inside an 18-year-old girl's pants pocket, leaving her with a pretty nasty third-degree burn on her thigh. It really happened, and the burn is real, but Samsung's not responsible. The company has concluded that the battery used in the device was not the original. Scientists at the Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Testing and Research in Dubendorf, Laboratory have confirmed Sammy's findings. According to them, the battery was not supplied by Samsung, nor did it come from a company authorized by them.

La-Chaux-de-Fonds. Le 4 juillet 2013. Fanny Schlatter, son telephone, Samsung, a pris feu dans sa poche de salopette. La-Chaux-de-Fonds. Le 4 juillet 2013. Fanny Schlatter, son telephone, Samsung, a pris feu dans sa poche de salopette.

La-Chaux-de-Fonds. Le 4 juillet 2013. Fanny Schlatter, son telephone, Samsung, a pris feu dans sa poche de salopette.

There are no reported incidents of foul play here. The girl didn't stick a phone in the microwave or anything like that, and her injury isn't fake. In addition to that, apparently the battery in question bore Samsung's logo, making it a convincing dupe for people who don't, you know, research smartphone batteries in their free time. Regardless, those of you who took your Galaxy S3s out of your pocket when you first found out about this incident can safely tuck them back in now.

Source: Le Matin

Via Sammy Hub