Carbon, one of the most hotly anticipated Twitter clients to ever come to Android, got an update today to version 1.2, bringing with it a ton of useful enhancements.
First among these is the ability to browse from links or watch YouTube videos in the app, saving time that would otherwise be spent leaving the app to see content somewhere else.
The update also adds Vine preview/playback, people search, a new image viewer, the ability to save images, optional style tweaks (like changing tweet font size), and the ability to change notification frequency, among other things.
Here's a look at the full change log:
Additions, New Stuff, and Changes
- 4x1 Home Screen Widget for quick actions (The original)
- In-App Browser
- In-App YouTube video playback
- Vine videos Timeline Preview and playback
- People Search
- Tweet font size options
- Quote style options
- New Image Viewer screen
- Save Image option
- Image Upload option to Twitpic
- Notification frequency options of 5 up to 120 minutes.
- Option disable image/video previews on Timeline
And ton of bug fixes, performance and stability enhancements.
If you're a Carbon user who hasn't already, grab the update below.