Welcome to the Android Police Podcast, Episode 67.
I'd like to apologize in advance for a few technical snafus and various awkward transitions you may notice in this week's show, as much of the Eastern US was experiencing severe storms yesterday, causing problems with the YouTube / Hangouts On Air backend.
Don't forget - the Android Police Podcast's live broadcast is every Thursday at 5PM PST (www.androidpolice.com/podcast). You can also check out our calendar, below, for detailed scheduling information. The unedited video version is here.
We'd like to specially thank Pam Hill for joining us on this week's show, and we plan to have even more listener guests on the podcast in the near future (don't worry, we got your emails! You'll be hearing from us if we decide to bring you on). For details on how to express your interest in being a guest on the show, look for the details under the various embedded items below.
Subscribe to the Android Police Podcast:
Android Police Podcast Guest Opportunity
Are you an avid AP podcast listener? Well, we're giving you a chance to join us for an entire episode. Here’s what you need.
- A Google+ profile - you must have one.
- A half-decent webcam, a pair of headphones, and preferably a microphone that isn’t terrible. We’re not married to the latter requirement. A reliable, quick(-ish) internet connection is also necessary.
- You must be willing to broadcast video [of your face] for the duration of the show. To the internet.
- You cannot use a smartphone or tablet as your webcam / microphone (Hangouts On Air plugins aren’t supported).
- You need to be available from 4:30PM PST to 6:30PM PST on a Thursday.
- You need to go through the last 7 days worth of major AP news (we’ll provide the links) to provide input in the discussion.
- You need to be willing to talk and banter with us to a reasonable extent. We’re nice. Mostly.
- What you get: To be on a full episode of the Android Police Podcast with Matthew Smith, Cameron Summerson, Liam Spradlin, Bob Severns, and David Ruddock. We might even get you a T-shirt. It might even be new!
To express your interest in being a guest, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know why you should be on the podcast, and be sure to indicate that your meet the requirements outlines above. That's it! We'll get back to you if you've been selected.
- FCC Approves SoftBank's Sprint Buyout And Sprint's Clearwire Takeover
- T-Mobile's 'Boldest Moves Yet:' Biyearly Upgrades, Simple Choice Plans For Families, And A Massive LTE Rollout
- T-Mobile's 'Boldest Moves Yet:' A By The Numbers Look At T-Mobile's New JUMP! Upgrade Plan: Is It Really A Good Value?
- Leak: Motorola DROID MAXX For Verizon Breaks Cover – Sports Capacitive Buttons, Kevlar, And No Front Logos
- DROIDS you're looking for: Is This A White Motorola DROID Ultra With A Black Kevlar-Encased Chin?
- DROIDS you're looking for: Evleaks Reveals The DROID Ultra In Full Press Shot Glory, And Yes, There Is A Lot Of Carbon Fiber (And A New Kind Of Camera?)
- DROIDS you're looking for: Motorola DROID Mini For Verizon Poses Next To Big Brothers DROID Ultra And DROID MAXX
- G-quel: LG Teases The Optimus G2 In A Feel-Good Video, New York Event Scheduled For August 7th
- G-quel: LG Optimus G2 Shows Up In Clearest Photos Yet, And It Has Bottom-Firing Speakers?
Android at Arms
- Apple Ends Stupid "Appstore" Trademark Lawsuit Against Amazon, Probably Because It Was Really Stupid
- Nexodus: Nexus 4 Completely Disappears From Carphone Warehouse
- Nexodus: Staples Drops Nexus 7 32GB To $199.99 ($50 Off) And 16GB To $179.99 ($20 Off), Clearing Inventory For A New Nexus?
- July's Platform Distribution Numbers Are In - Jelly Bean Surpasses Gingerbread For The First Time
- Google Maps: For Android Gets Updated With Promised Interface Refresh, Functionality Enhancements
- Google Maps: Offline Maps Still (Sort Of) Exist In Google Maps v7, My Maps Not Supported But Will Return
- Google Maps: Google Latitude To Be Retired On August 9th, Explaining Its Absence From Google Maps Version 7.0
- Google+ Will Now Highlight What You +1 To Your Followers, With Your Permission
- Xperia Z Sort Of Launches Today On T-Mobile, Wide Availability Coming July 17
- PSA: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0, 8.0, And 10.1 Are Now Available In The US
- Lenovo Quietly Launches Budget-Friendly A1000, A3000, And S6000 Tablets
- Device updates: Galaxy S4 (Sprint), Galaxy S4 (AT&T), Galaxy S4 (Verizon), Optimus G Pro (AT&T).