While LG originally announced the Optimus G Pro "Value Pack" back in March, at the time it was in reference to the Korean version of the device. The G Pro has since been released on AT&T Value Packless, but it appears that's finally changing: LG has officially announced that the VP upgrade will be hitting AT&T G Pro handsets very soon. While it sadly does not include an Android version bump, it does add a host of new features. Here they are:
- Smart Video intelligently recognizes the position of a user's eyes, automatically pausing the video when the user looks away and then restarting it once they resume active viewing.
- Dual Camera, an extension of the Dual Recording feature, lets users simultaneously capture photos of the subject and the shooter using both the front and back cameras for a picture-in-picture composition, so both sides of an experience are snapped and saved.
- Pause & Resume Recording allows user to pause video in record mode and then restart the recording to create one continuous video file.
- Magic Remote Pad is designed to work with LG Smart TVs released in 2012 and after, allowing for smoother, more intuitive navigation.
- Text Keypad transforms LG Optimus G Pro into a convenient input device for LG Smart TVs.
- The Home Button LED now also gives users the ability to customize alerts as well as the LED color of notifications from their favorite contacts.
- Additionally, users can now select from 800 color emoticons when texting or emailing.
The new pause and resume recording is a fairly neat feature, though Smart Video and Dual Camera are rather blatant ripoffs of equivalent functions in the Galaxy S4. As you might guess, there are likely a litany of bug fixes and other small enhancements included in this OTA update, which I'm assuming is quite large.
The update should be rolling shortly, if it has not already.