Facebook is apparently hard at work this 4th of July having just released a new update to its beta Android app. In case you missed it last week, Facebook started using the Play Store beta program to test new versions of the app prior to wide release. If you want in, follow the instructions we posted last time. If you're already in, get ready for a bug-squashing update.
The new version is 3.4, just like the old one. There is a full build number ending in 257298, 257297, 257296, 257295, 257294, 257293, or 257292, but that won't show up in the app. Here's the full changelog:
- Fixed an issue where timeline profile pictures might not update
- Fixed a crash in the photo picker
- Fixed a crash in the message list view
- Fixed crash when tapping Nearby suggestions
- Fixed an issue preventing image cropping from working in some cases
- Fixed an error that some people saw while sharing feed stories in personal messages
- Fixed an issue that preventing people from turning off Facebook after installing Facebook Home
- Plus more bug fixes
- Various stability improvements in Facebook Home when using folders
- Updated translations
- Foreign language fonts are now available
- Home settings moved from the fold in bookmarks
- Home is easier to uninstall
Facebook says the update fixes 15 total bugs, most of which aren't worth mentioning. For some reason, Facebook posted two slightly different notices about the update. We've aggregated the changelogs above. If you have automatic updating turned on, the app should update by itself. You can also grab the new version with the link below.