Welcome to the Android Police Podcast, Episode 63.
Don't forget - the Android Police Podcast's live broadcast is every Thursday at 5PM PST (www.androidpolice.com/podcast). The unedited video version of the podcast can be found here - and will likely include various verbal expletives, technical snafus, tangents, and probably a good 5-10 minutes of pre-podcast banter as we prepare. Watch at your own risk!
Subscribe to the Android Police Podcast:
- Matthew Smith, Host
- Bob Severns, Editor, A/V
- David Ruddock, Co-host
- Cameron Summerson, Co-host
- Eric Ravenscraft, Co-host
- Ron Amadeo, Co-host
- Verizon's Galaxy S4 will do AWS LTE and this will make things faster-er. Or something.
- Samsung is getting back into the unveiling business on June 20th in London. We can only hope Jeremy is not invited.
- Motorola's CEO says the Moto X is real, will be built in Texas, made of bamboo. One of those things is not true.
- HTC's doing a phablet maybe.
- The white Nexus 4 is official, officially mostly white.
- Gmail now has tabs, slideout bars, and other UI buzzwords.
- Google can now tell you many calories are in stuff. Like corn.
- The Google Calendar app for Android has received an update that fixes that problem with there not being enough circular objects throughout the interface.
- HTC One with stock Android - the internet can now finally never complain about anything again. Just kidding, there are at least a dozen things to whine about here - and here are some of them.
- Samsung announced the Galaxy S4 Mini, it's mediocretacular!
- Device updates: Transformer AiO, Galaxy S III (Verizon), Xperia S / SL / Acro S / Ion.
- Glu Mobile wants you to be able to gamble real money when you play Deer Hunter, because you're not wasting enough of your money on stupid social games already.
In Other News
- One root to rule them all. <Lord of the Rings joke here.>