Don't forget - the Android Police Podcast's live broadcast is every Thursday at 5PM PST (www.androidpolice.com/podcast). The unedited video version of the podcast can be found here - and will likely include various verbal expletives, technical snafus, tangents, and probably a good 5-10 minutes of pre-podcast banter as we prepare. Watch at your own risk!
Subscribe to the Android Police Podcast:
- Matthew Smith, Host
- Bob Severns, Editor, A/V
- David Ruddock, Co-host
- Cameron Summerson, Co-host
- Eric Ravenscraft, Co-host
- Ron Amadeo, Co-host
- The Galaxy S4 Active is rough, ragged, and all manner of other manly adjectives. There's even a video!
- Android 4.3 is out there. I can feel you now. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. With a phone in Thailand.
- The Play Store now shows badges for which Games services an app has enabled. Neat.
- Google Drive gets a facelift and some sweet new OCR powers.
- Play Magazines has cards. Not the kind that fall out when you pick them up, asking you to subscribe. The other kind. The cool kind.
- The new Google+ app also gets a few new features, including more direct Snapseed integration.
- Hangouts is gonna get better, including bringing back outgoing calls.
- Now you can loan out your Google Glass units...Ron.
- Google has a secret media player thingy floating around the FCC.
- An LTE version of the Galaxy S III may be coming to T-Mobile as soon as June 5th.
- The developer editions of the Verizon and AT&T Galaxy S4 are on their way. So is a red version of AT&T's S4. Sexy. Or something. Also, Cricket gets one, too.
- CTIA is boring.
- The Xperia Tablet Z costs $500 and it's coming to Amazon and NewEgg. Wooo.
- David tries the Blackberry Z10 for a couple of weeks, didn't find it horrible. He is not, however, planning on starting Blackberry Police.
- Sprint buys some companies because why the hell not?
In Other News
- You have another smart watch that you are now required to care about. It's called Agent. Enjoy.