Download: Latest Google Play Store 4.0.26
Download: Latest Google Play Store 4.0.27
Download: Latest Google Play Store 4.1.6 - Sweet New Designs And OCD Fixes
Download: Latest Google Play Store 4.1.10 With Location Bug Fixes
Download: Latest Google Play Store 4.2.3
- View All 34 Articles In This Series
A hot new Play Store update just hit the internet. We're now up to version 4.1.6. So far we've spotted a much nicer looking button and wishlist designs, more consistent menu text, and a few minor visual tweaks, like new open/uninstall buttons.
And a few earlier ones:
- [Update: 5.5.12] Play Store 5.5 Brings A Spiffy Circular Animation To Page Transitions (TV Shows Only) And Popular Opinion Review Blurbs [APK Download]
- Play Store 5.4 Makes The Notification Bar Transparent On App Pages [APK Download]
- Play Store v5.3.5 Update Rolling Out With UI Tweaks, More Specific Preferences, And An 'Update All' Button For Notifications [APK Download]
- [APK Download + Teardown] Play Store v5.2 Shows Signs Of A New Details Page, Self-Hosted Enterprise Apps, And Much More
Here's the new content section buttons, which are a lot more inviting than the old designs. The open and uninstall buttons got a slight tweak, too.
I really like the new button designs, but my favorite thing is that they changed "My Wishlist" to "My wishlist" after we all complained about it on Google+. The wishlist UI has switched from a list view to a card style. It's a shame about the varying card heights, though.
The menu buttons for items now list the price of the item next to "buy," and the settings app is light themed instead of dark themed. (thanks jamma)
The Play Store will now warn you about a large update to an app when you are on a mobile data connection. Before it would just happily suck away at your data cap. (Thanks to Jason for the screenshot)
"Update All" will now work for apps with new permissions. You'll get the popup shown in the right picture asking you to approve each new set of permissions. (Thanks Benjamin!)
Check out this sweet new Google+ section. Select profile pictures are shown if people +1ed something, and tapping on them will show a full list.
There's also a new redeem interface for Google Play gift cards.
And, finally, for some strange reason, the update button now says "Update All" even if you only have 1 app that needs updating.
If you'd like to check out the new design for yourself, we've got a copy for you right here.
File Size History
- com.android.vending-3.5.19.apk 3.81MB (4,000,309 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.7.11.apk 5.07MB (5,319,551 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.7.13.apk 5.07MB (5,322,241 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.7.15.apk 5.07MB (5,322,517 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.8.15.apk 5.35MB (5,618,814 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.8.17.apk 5.35MB (5,618,730 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.9.16.apk 5.22 MB (5,482,490 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.9.17.apk 5.34 MB (5,610,397 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.10.9.apk 5.87 MB (6,158,861 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.10.10.apk 5.87 MB (6,160,306 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.10.14.apk 5.88 MB (6,174,123 bytes)
- com.android.vending-4.0.25.apk 5.89 MB (6,183,354 bytes)
- com.android.vending-4.0.26.apk 5.89 MB (6,181,405 bytes)
- com.android.vending-4.0.27.apk 5.89 MB (6,181,458 bytes)
- com.android.vending-4.1.6.apk 5.75 MB (6,036,474 bytes)
The APK is signed by Google and upgrades your existing Play Store. The cryptographic signature guarantees that the file is safe to install and was not tampered with in any way. Rather than wait for Google to push this download to your devices, which can take weeks, download and install it just like any other APK and enjoy the new Play Store experience.
Thanks Dexafree and Sam