A minor update to the new, cleaner Google Play Store v4.0 started rolling out earlier today. The new version is 4.0.27 which follows closely the previous version from April 19th - 4.0.26.
And a few earlier ones:
Ron and I tore down the apk but found only minor changes to translations and a small change to the manifest that removed android:excludeFromRecents="true" from one of the billing activities. There could be something we missed, but it does look really-really minor. If you're bugged by something like "marcados como NUEVO" vs "marcados como NUEVOS" and similar fixes, then by all means, download away. Your Play Store should update soon anyway, whether you want it or not.
As was the case a week ago, we are seeing more and more reports of the Play Store's featured/promotional and recommended content coming back to life for those of you outside the U.S. When the Play Store refresh just came out, only people in the U.S. could see such content. It has since started showing up in many other countries, so if you've been holding off upgrading until further notice, consider yourself notified.
Even though v4.0.27 doesn't contain big improvements, we always try to make the latest version of the Play Store available to anyone looking for it. You will find 3 mirrors towards the bottom of this page as well as a multi-mirror should the first three links fail.
As a refresher, here are the main highlights of the big 4.0 redesign. The new Play Store looks a lot better, especially on tablets. It groups similar content together, continues showing recommendations as you keep scrolling, and simplifies the purchasing process. Each app in lists now has a handy Install button - just click the menu icon at the top right corner of any card, then press Install. Furthermore, in-app purchases can now be performed without leaving the context of the app you're in. And finally, the annoying post-install screen that appeared a short while ago is also gone.
File Size History
- com.android.vending-3.5.19.apk 3.81MB (4,000,309 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.7.11.apk 5.07MB (5,319,551 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.7.13.apk 5.07MB (5,322,241 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.7.15.apk 5.07MB (5,322,517 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.8.15.apk 5.35MB (5,618,814 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.8.17.apk 5.35MB (5,618,730 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.9.16.apk 5.22 MB (5,482,490 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.9.17.apk 5.34 MB (5,610,397 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.10.9.apk 5.87 MB (6,158,861 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.10.10.apk 5.87 MB (6,160,306 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.10.14.apk 5.88 MB (6,174,123 bytes)
- com.android.vending-4.0.25.apk 5.89 MB (6,183,354 bytes)
- com.android.vending-4.0.26.apk 5.89 MB (6,181,405 bytes)
- com.android.vending-4.0.27.apk 5.89 MB (6,181,458 bytes)
The APK is signed by Google and upgrades your existing Play Store. The cryptographic signature guarantees that the file is safe to install and was not tampered with in any way. Rather than wait for Google to push this download to your devices, which can take weeks, download and install it just like any other APK and enjoy the new Play Store experience.