When it comes to pushing Jelly Bean to devices, Samsung wants us to know that it hasn't forgotten about any of its current-gen devices. Take today's update for example – do you remember the Galaxy Victory? Didn't think so. Still, Samsung and Sprint are sending the 4.1.2 update over-the-air right now.
The update brings several features to the less-than-memorable handset:
Jelly Bean offers users stunning graphical capabilities with expanded feature functionality, including:
- Google Now™
- Expandable, actionable notifications
- Android Beam™ now lets you send photos and more.
- Widgets work like magic as you place widgets on the screen, everything else automatically moves to make room; when they're too big, widgets resize on their own.
The update also added new capabilities to Galaxy Victory, including:
- Notifications now display full text of incoming SMS messages, and when you receive an MMS you can view full photo in the notification
- Pinch notifications to expand or collapse them
- Notifications from the same application are grouped together, and the first item is automatically expanded
- Conversational text-to-speech voice in U.S. English
- Voice typing without an Internet connection
- Manage/create Google+ Events from device
- Zagat ratings and reviews built into Google Maps™
- Indoor walking directions integrated into Google Maps
If you happen to own this phone, you should be able to head into Settings > About Phone > System updates and grab it. Enjoy.