Following several recent leaks and the official announcement earlier today, Google started pushing out a completely redesigned, simpler, cleaner, and faster version of the Play Store for Android. The previous version was 3.10.14 while the new one is 4.0.25, and we have the download mirrors for you right here.
And a few earlier ones:
The new Play Store really does look a lot better, especially on tablets. It groups similar content together, continues showing recommendations as you keep scrolling, and simplifies the purchasing process. I absolutely love the handy Install button in app lists - just click the menu icon at the top right corner of any card, then press Install.
One more thing: in-app purchases can now be performed without leaving the context of the app you're in - the Buy window simply floats on top of whatever triggered the IAP process. So much better:
File Size History
- com.android.vending-3.5.19.apk 3.81MB (4,000,309 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.7.11.apk 5.07MB (5,319,551 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.7.13.apk 5.07MB (5,322,241 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.7.15.apk 5.07MB (5,322,517 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.8.15.apk 5.35MB (5,618,814 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.8.17.apk 5.35MB (5,618,730 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.9.16.apk 5.22 MB (5,482,490 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.9.17.apk 5.34 MB (5,610,397 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.10.9.apk 5.87 MB (6,158,861 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.10.10.apk 5.87 MB (6,160,306 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.10.14.apk 5.88 MB (6,174,123 bytes)
- com.android.vending-4.0.25.apk 5.89 MB (6,183,354 bytes)
The APK, sent to us by a lucky reader (thanks, Brendan!), is signed by Google and upgrades your existing Play Store. The cryptographic signature guarantees that the file is safe to install and was not tampered with in any way. Rather than wait for Google to push this download to your devices, which can take weeks, download and install it just like any other APK and enjoy the new Play Store experience.
- Android Police mirror #1
- Android Police mirror #2
- Android Police mirror #3
- Android Police multi-mirror
Thanks, Brendan Beaulieu!