Welcome to the Android Police Podcast, Episode 50.
Don't forget - the Android Police Podcast's live broadcast is every Thursday at 5PM PST (www.androidpolice.com/podcast). The unedited video version of the podcast can be found here - and will likely include various verbal expletives, technical snafus, tangents, and probably a good 5-10 minutes of pre-podcast banter as we prepare. Watch at your own risk!
Subscribe to the Android Police Podcast:
- Matthew Smith, Host
- Bob Severns, Editor, A/V
- Cameron Summerson, Co-host
- Ron Amadeo, Co-host
- Eric Ravenscraft, Co-host
- Samsung is probably planning an event to announce the new Galaxy S IV. We're sure pre-empting the launch of the HTC One never crossed Sammy's mind.
- Meanwhile, Google is plotting to create its own retail stores. If they don't have bean bags and slides, someone screwed up.
Android At Arms
- 100,000 people demanded the President do something about cell phone unlocking. We ask what he actually can do. The answer? Not much.
- Google launches a $1,300 Chromebook because they have to have something to put in those stores, right?
- Hey, while we're being indulgent, let's show off what Google Glass is like again! This time a little closer to reality.
- The HTC One arrives and the body looks pretty dang sexy. There are also a bunch of buzzwords you are now required to memorize including Boom Sound, Zoe, and Schlabadook. One of these might not be real. Probably "Zoe."
- If you really want it, you can trade in your old phones to get a hundred bucks off.
- It's going to be coming to 180+ carriers at once. That's kind of a big deal. Including T-Mobile, AT&T, and Sprint.
- It's coming to the UK on March 15th for £425
- No, but seriously. It looks and feels great. Except for those weird buttons.
- Oh yeah, and NVIDIA announced some new reference designs for the Tegra 4i.
- ZTE wants to use the Tegra 4 in a new "superphone" by the end of Q2.
- Samsung did what it should have done a long time ago and released a WiFi version of the Galaxy Camera, still won't tell you its price.
- Device updates: 4.1.2 Jelly Bean for Samsung's original Galaxy Note.
- FreakZone Games reveals Manos: The Hands of Fate the game for Android. It will take care of your phone while the Master is away.