Update: We've added a few more changes, courtesy of TeslaCoil.
The highly popular homescreen replacement Nova Launcher is now officially at V2.0 - the latest release just went live minutes ago. Let's cut to the chase: what's new? A whole a lot, based on the changelog below.
What's in this version:
- Custom Icon Size (Prime)
- Swipe actions on any desktop icon (Prime)
- Custom wallpaper cropping
- Increase maximum desktop grid size
- Infinite Scroll Drawer Setting
- Alphabetical list drawer style
- Small Icons Dock Setting
- Force wallpaper scrolling on USA SGS2
- Aggressive Desktop Setting (Keep in memory)*
- Lower memory usage
- Improve scrolling performance
- Fixes, optimizations and tuning
*"Retrieve Running Apps" used for Aggressive Desktop and warning when multiple launchers are running
- "Swipe to open folder" allowing swiping over a desktop or dock folder to open it, with the tap action doing something else (such as opening an app).
- Use app icons as replacement icons, for example to change a folder icon into the icon of an app within it
- Disc background for folders
- Folder background transparency
- Slightly redesigned Nova Action icons (and at Nexus 10 resolution)
- Auto-close options for drawer and dock
- Merge Android 4.2 changes
- New background image for settings apps
Basically, you can tweak your homescreen experience even more, which is what a launcher replacement really should be about, isn't it? Improved scrolling performance and lower memory usage are without a doubt major plusses, too. We're guessing a whole boatload of bug fixes and various optimizations are also packed in this release. Head to the Play Store to get it now, and pick up a Nova Prime license (the premium version) while you're at it - it's an investment you won't regret.