While I can't say I know anyone that has a Padfone 2, if you do, and you have a WWE or Hong Kong version of the device, you can get the official update to Android 4.1 right now. You can grab the full firmware files (V10.4.5.36) here. The changelog, below.
1. Upgraded to Android OS 4.1.1
2. Improved USB Internet Sharing to avoid disconnection
3. Improved the device’s audio quality
4. Enhanced camera's focus and photo-quality features
5. Optimal GPS function
6. ASUS Studio image editing feature
7. PinPal, BuddyBuzz, and Floating Widget applications
8. Optimal streaming quality for playback smoothness
9. Added Asus Quick Settings function
An update to Jelly Bean had previously rolled out for the TW, CHT, and RU variants of the Padfone 2, but this particular firmware version is actually a slightly newer revision. The new WWE firmware update is only provided to users of firmware versions: 18.104.22.168 or WWE 22.214.171.124.
So, start hitting that check update button, or get flashing that full firmware file.