Transformer Prime owners, you should see something extra in your digital stocking today. The 10.4.2.18 update is now rolling out (at least in the United States) ready to download and apply for stock users. Unfortunately it's not Android 4.2, but there are a number of small yet useful tweaks to the software. Most notably, errors with the Spanish and Dutch keyboards have been patched, and the Transformer Prime can now connect to Wi-Fi access points with Chinese characters in the SSID.
A quoted text display bug in Gmail, issues with the screen saver function, and improved browser rendering are also on the list, as well as an update to the Polaris Office app included in the stock Transformer Prime 4.1 build. Check the "About Tablet>System update" section of your Settings app if you don't see the over-the-air alert. The download is small, and takes less than ten minutes to apply. The Asus changelog is below.
1. ASUS IME
- Fix the issue that in ASUS Spanish(US) and ASUS Dutch(Holland) IME, some characters cannot be typed or cannot be typed correctly.
- Fix the issue that "Show quoted text” in Gmail does not work in a mail thread that is with 2+ messages.
3. 3d party app
- Upgrade Polaris Office to 3.5-build 5r16148FV06.
- Fix the issue that TF201 cannot connect with Wi-Fi AP that has Chinese character AP name.(SSiD)
5. Screen Saver
- Fix the issue that the screen cannot resume to video playback but only audio playback after pressing power button when “Quick Launch” in Screen Saver settings is enabled.
- Improve web page compatibility.