Welcome to the Android Police Week In Review - your source for the biggest Android stories of the week. Don't forget, you can catch a lot of these stories (and more) on our weekly podcast.
- Getting to know Android 4.2, part one of Ron's twelve-volume epic.
- Android 4.2's kinda-sorta broken.
- Black Friday / Cyber Monday buyer's guide: don't end up with a phone / tablet that makes you want to hurt yourself or others.
- DROID DNA: I love-hate it.
- One X+: It's the One X but better-er.
- Buhbo tablet case for kids: dawww.
- Spigen Coated backpack: it holds stuff. A lot of it.
- Samsung's going to make a mobile chip with 8 cores, will allow you to multitask while you S-Voice while you SmartStay while you Pop Up Play while you get hit by a car walking across the street.
Android at Arms
- Peter Chou calls the $6-8 Apple royalty estimate "outrageous." So, it's less than that, is what you should be taking away here.
- The Nexus 4 has LTE after all ... in Canada.
- Google linked to the T-Mobile version of the Nexus 4 on the Play Store and something ridiculously, extremely, highly usual happened: it sold out.
- Do you have Nexus anxiety? Use this handy checker to make it worse.
- Google finally decided to fix a 2.5 year-old networking bug in Android, because surprisingly it didn't fix itself in that time. Next on their list? That off-balance table in the lunch room that's had the same piece of cardboard under it for 8 years.
- Nexus 10 Toolkit: Break things the easy way.
- Eric's review of Ingress: It's good and stuff.
- The Nexus 10 is in stock again until it isn't anymore.
- Google might make you have Google+ to leave an app reviews on the Play Store, which is clearly a violation of the Geneva Convention and other human rights accords.
- Google Music now has more music. From Europe. Nifty.
- Unlocking the DROID DNA's bootloader - so easy a caveman could do it. Well, probably not, actually. He'd have to learn to type first. And read. I smell a new Rob Schneider movie.
- The Optimus G's bootloader is also unlockable, but I don't think I'm going to come up with a better joke about it.
- Device Updates: Archos 80 / 101 G9 and 101XS, Galaxy Nexus (Yakju).
- 38 best new apps and live wallpapers from the last three weeks.
- 26 best new games from the last two weeks.
- CyanogenMod's open source Apollo music player has been removed from the Play Store because of copyright infringement, something resembling irony.
- There's some Black Friday sale business going on with a bunch of stuff on the Play Store.
- Ermah gerd: Berder's Gert fer Andrerd!
- Game Review: Paper Monsters.
- Game Review: Waking Mars.
- Vice City is coming to Android. Velour track suit, gold necklace, and Guns 'N Roses album not included.
- Amazon now has an official tablet app, and coincidentally, my bank account now has less money.