Update 3: It appears that both the 8 and 16GB Nexus 4 are going back and forth between "In Stock" and "Coming Soon." Customers still looking to get their hands on a Nexus 4 are encouraged to keep their fingers on the refresh key, or simply check back a little later when things have settled down. If we get word that one or both variants are out of stock, we'll update.
Prospective Nexus 4/10 owners of Australia, the time is now. Google has just opened up orders for the two new Nexus devices for those who have been anxiously hitting "refresh" in Australia, offering (of course) both the 8GB and 16GB variants of the N4, and the 16/32GB versions of the N10.
Just in case somehow you've missed what makes the Nexus 4 one of the best Android phones ever, here's a quick rundown (of course you should also check out our review for a full look).
- 4.7" IPS display at 1280x768 (that's 320ppi)
- Qualcomm S4 Pro processor
- 8MP camera and 1.3MP front shooter
- Unlocked GSM compatibility (of course)
- 8/16GB internal storage
- 2GB RAM
- Micro USB, SlimPort HDMI ports
- 2100mAh battery
- The latest and greatest Android 4.2
And here's a look at the N10 (which we also reviewed here):
- Brilliant 10.055" display at 2560x1600 (300ppi)
- Exynos 5 dual-core processor
- 5MP main camera and 1.9MP front shooter
- Micro USB, Pogo Pin, Micro HDMI ports
- 9000mAh battery pack
- Android 4.2
There's not much more to say – if you're an Australian who's been awaiting the new Nexus family members' November 13th release date, head to the Play Store and claim your own devices immediately. Those in other countries need wait just a little while longer to reserve their own brand new Nexus. For those wondering, it appears that the Nexus 7 3G is still "coming soon," though the Nexus 4's new bumpers are available.
Thanks Daniel, Ray, and Henry!