Welcome to the Android Police Podcast, Episode 33. Don't forget - the Android Police Podcast's live broadcast is every Thursday at 5PM PST (www.androidpolice.com/podcast). The unedited video version of the podcast can be found here - and will likely include various verbal expletives, technical snafus, tangents, and probably a good 5-10 minutes of pre-podcast banter as we prepare. Watch at your own risk!
Don't forget - we're having 4 weeks of tablet giveaways for live listeners. Tune in every week for the next 3 weeks (week 1's prizes - 2 Fuhu Nabi 2's and a Transformer Pad Infinity pack - were given away on October 25th) for a chance to win.
Subscribe to the Android Police Podcast:
- Matthew Smith, Host
- Bob Severns, Editor, A/V
- Cameron Summerson, Co-host
- David Ruddock, Co-host
- Eric Ravenscraft, Co-host
- Some guy made a fake Sony Nexus phone and then admitted he did it. The end.
- Nexus 4
- An LG exec in India says the Nexus 4 exists and will be sold places.
- Nexus 4 pictures? Why not. More? OK, I guess.
- Carphone Warehouse really should rename itself something more clever than the "Leak Warehouse" I was going to go with, because that just sounds sort of dumb.
- Nexus 10
- Nexus 7 32GB / 3G
- $250 for a 32GB Nexus 7? Sign me up.
- The 8GB Nexus 7 is probably dead, but no one's called a doctor.
- The Nexus 7 3G is at the FCC, and it has 3G.
- HTC DLX
Android at Arms
- The new Chromebook is available directly through the Play Store, and Google's hoping you might click on it. Please? Just a little - put it in the cart, see how it feels.
- A new version of Google Wallet is coming but Google won't tell us anything about it because they're big meanies.
- iPad Mini vs. Nexus 7: we compared them. That happened.
- The Galaxy Note II is available places, and Verizon put its logo on the home button because they hate your happiness.
- Sony confirms that it's going to be a while before its phones get Jelly Bean. Way to keep up that community reputation, guys.
- Motorola confirms a number of phones are getting Jelly Bean, and it's Motorola, so the ETA is "at some point - probably."
- Device Updates: LG Spectrum, Galaxy S III (Int.) , Galaxy S III (Sprint).
Voicemails: We did voicemails this week! Be sure to submit yours at 530-HELLOAP