Welcome to the Android Police Week In Review - your source for the biggest Android stories of the week. Don't forget, you can catch a lot of these stories (and more) on our weekly podcast.
- AT&T drops its device return policy from 30 days to 14, so hey, that's 16 less days you'll have to think about returning your phone.
Softbank wants to buy Sprint - just don't tell them Dan Hesse spent $15.5 billion on iPhones and this should all go smoothly.
- Some guy in Japan got a 32GB Nexus 7 instead of the 16GB one he ordered, and he is outraged. Nah, just kidding. He's probably sort of OK with it.
- You can pre-order a 32GB Nexus 7 - if you live in Spain. Had you there for a second, didn't I?
- LG Nexusgate
- Some guy was a real d-bag and made up a bunch of stuff about Android 4.2 and got everyone all excited and then super bummed out.
- But then MoDaCo said something about LG Nexus specs and everyone was all like "awesome!" again.
- Then there were pictures of said LG Nexus.
- Then there were better pictures.
- Then there were even better pictures.
- Google and Samsung are working on a tablet with a lot of pixels. And pixels are good.
Android at Arms
- Moto pulls all of its crappier products off the market in Germany, no one cares.
- The Galaxy Nexus injunction has been lifted, say retailers who have been selling it the entire time: "What?"
- Android 4.1.2 is here and it's one number bigger than the previous version!
- Google finally fixed HD contact images.
- The Play Store gets updated to 3.9.16, finally lets you remove Task Killer from your list of previously downloaded apps, lifts the shame from your soul.
- Google Wallet is going person to person, so that's a thing.
- Download the unreleased version of Gmail for Android - it's pretty awesome. Find out what's new in this post - and I mean all of what is new, Ron wrote it.
- The DROID RAZR MAXX and MAXX HD are coming, will backflip off motorcycles, explode in your face for $199 and $299, respectively.
- The Galaxy S III Mini: it's like a Galaxy S III, if you know nothing about the Galaxy S III.
- Motorola kills off Webtop and Lapdock, quietly throws them in a river.
- Device updates: XOOM 2 Wi-Fi / Family Edition, XOOM (Wi-Fi), Atrix 2 (AT&T), Atrix 4G, RAZR M, Incredible 4G.
- My hands go on the One X+ and One VX, discover things.
- Microsoft says it's going to make Office for Android, then says it isn't, but not really. Someone needs to make a spreadsheet.
- Floating apps? Cool. A floating performance monitor app? Cooler. One done by Chainfire? Coolest.
- The Shadowgun DeadZone beta is out if you have a Tegra 3 device to play it on, complete with noobs and campers.
In Other News
- Hate not being able to see only the apps you've bought in your apps list in the Play Store anymore? There's a script for that.