Welcome to the Android Police Podcast, Episode 31. Don't forget - the Android Police Podcast's live broadcast is every Thursday at 5PM PST (www.androidpolice.com/podcast).
Subscribe to the Android Police Podcast:
- Matthew Smith, Host
- Bob Severns, Editor, A/V
- Cameron Summerson, Co-host
- David Ruddock, Co-host
- Eric Ravenscraft, Co-host
- AT&T drops its device return policy from 30 days to 14, so hey, that's 16 less days you'll have to think about returning your phone.
Softbank wants to buy Sprint - just don't tell them Dan Hesse spent $15.5 billion on iPhones and this should all go smoothly.
- Some guy in Japan got a 32GB Nexus 7 instead of the 16GB one he ordered, and he is outraged. Nah, just kidding. He's probably sort of OK with it.
- You can pre-order a 32GB Nexus 7 - if you live in Spain. Had you there for a second, didn't I?
- LG Nexusgate
- Some guy was a real d-bag and made up a bunch of stuff about Android 4.2 and got everyone all excited and then super bummed out.
- But then MoDaCo said something about LG Nexus specs and everyone was all like "awesome!" again.
- Then there were pictures.
- Then there were better pictures.
- Then there were even better pictures.
- Google and Samsung are working on a tablet with a lot of pixels. And pixels are good.
Android at Arms
- Moto pulls all of its crappier products off the market in Germany, no one cares.
- The Galaxy Nexus injunction has been lifted, say retailers who have been selling it the entire time: "What?"
- Android 4.1.2 is here and it's a bigger number than the previous version.
- The Play Store gets updated to 3.9.16, finally lets you remove Task Killer from your list of previously downloaded apps, lifts the shame from your soul.
- Google Wallet is going person to person, so that's a thing.
- The DROID RAZR MAXX and MAXX HD are coming, will backflip off motorcycles, explode in your face for $199 and $299, respectively.
- The Galaxy S III Mini: it's like a Galaxy S III, if you know nothing about the Galaxy S III.
- Motorola kills off Webtop and Lapdock, quietly throws them in a river.
- Device updates: Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Tab 7.7 (Verizon), XOOM 2 Wi-Fi / Family Edition, Atrix 2 (AT&T), Atrix 4G.
- My hands go on the One X+ and One VX, discover things.
- Microsoft says it's going to make Office for Android, then says it isn't, but not really. Someone needs to make a spreadsheet.