Download: Latest Google Play Store 3.8.15
Download: Latest Google Play Store 3.8.17
Download: Latest Google Play Store 3.9.16 - Remove Entries From All Apps, Keep Track Of Position In Lists, Expandable Notifications, And More
Download: Latest Google Play Store 3.9.17
Download: Latest Google Play Store 3.10.9 With New Post-Install UI, Translate Button, And More
- View All 30 Articles In This Series
Google just started rolling out an updated Google Play Store version 3.9.16 that follows the previous version 3.8.17 from August. Good news, everyone - we've already got our hands on the APK for you to install manually thanks to our loyal tipsters.
And a few earlier ones:
- Play Store v5.1.11 Rolling Out With Full-Height Navigation Drawer, New My Account Page With Order History, And More [APK Download]
- [Update: 5.0.37] Google Play Store 5.0.31 Adds More Material Design, Moves "What's New" To The Top [APK Download]
- Google Play Store Update 4.9.13 Adds Material Design App And Content Pages [APK Download]
- [Update #2: 4.8.22] Latest Google Play Store 4.8.22 With PayPal Support, Simplified App Permissions, Bigger Buttons, And More [APK Download]
The most notable and immediately apparent new feature is the long overdue ability to remove apps you've previously downloaded from the All Apps list. If you like to try a lot of apps, that list is likely very cluttered. With the new Google Play, you can trim it to your heart's content.
Update #1: You can multi-select by long-pressing any app in the list and then tapping more apps, then delete them all in one go (added 2 new screenshots demonstrating it).
Update #2: The new Play Store now keeps track of your location in lists, including My Apps and All Apps, so when you click into an app and back, it drops you into the same spot. I had variable luck with this, and it didn't seem to work in All Apps at first, but I just reproduced it on both the EVO LTE and the Nexus 7. Brilliant.
Update #3: The notification icon that shows up when you have app updates has changed, and notifications are now expandable. I've added more screenshots showing the differences.
Update #4: The notification icon after installing an app now shows the app icon instead of something generic.
The size of the Play Store APK actually went down, so Google must have trimmed some extra fat. We're still digging through everything - in the meantime, check out the screenshots and grab the new version from our mirrors.
Left: previous Play Store; Middle/Right: new Play Store with new icon and expandable notifs
After installing an app. Left: previous Play Store - generic icon; Right: new Play Store - app icon
File Size History
- com.android.vending-3.5.19.apk 3.81MB (4,000,309 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.7.11.apk 5.07MB (5,319,551 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.7.13.apk 5.07MB (5,322,241 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.7.15.apk 5.07MB (5,322,517 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.8.15.apk 5.35MB (5,618,814 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.8.17.apk 5.35MB (5,618,730 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.9.16.apk 5.22 MB (5,482,490 bytes)
We verified the APK as legitimate and signed by Google, so have no fear. Just download it to your device and install as you would any other APK - it'll prompt to update your current Play Store.
- Android Police mirror #1
- Android Police mirror #2
- Android Police mirror #3
- Android Police multi-mirror