Welcome to the Android Police Week In Review - your source for the biggest Android stories of the week. Don't forget, you can catch a lot of these stories (and more) on our weekly podcast.
- Is this a Nexus LG HTC Samsung Apple patent Key Lime Pie 5.0 10 7 4G LTE Google lawsuit Galaxy? Click to find out, and click here after reading to find a therapist.
- What we use: the apps, tools, devices, and other stuff Liam can't do without.
- Does Samsung really innovate? AKA, watch me get absolutely hammered in the comments section of yet another editorial.
- The Lenovo IdeaTab A2109 and the S2110: dual slates of suck.
- Plantronics BackBeat GO Bluetooth earbuds.
- Logitech UE 900 earbuds: $400. Just wanted to get the shocker out of the way.
- T-Mobile is acquiring MetroPCS, but really, MetroPCS is acquiring T-Mobile, and Deutsche Telekom will be the majority shareholder, but it'll still be called T-Mobile, and the networks will be operated separately, but also together. Got it?
- LG Optimus G Nexus: Yes, we're getting on board with this.
- 32GB Nexus 7 - need I say more?
- Prepare all your grains of salt: we're hearing detailed Android 4.2 rumors, and we're also seeing two new devices in our traffic logs that are running it. Oh, and LG Optimus G Nexus again.
Android at Arms
- Judge Koh lifts ban on Galaxy Tab 10.1. Now all you have to do is find a place to not buy one!
- Samsung v. Apple jury misconduct story #2252312.
- Samsung sold a lot of Galaxy S III's during some weeks after some things happened, because as we all know, correlation = causation. Period.
- Motorola wants to dismiss its own lawsuit against Apple. It's clearly a clever reverse psychology ploy!
- Google Wallet has gained another carrier partner. But it's US Cellular, so, move along.
- Google needs to spend money to fix Motorola? Unbelievable!
- Android has bigger numbers than Apple's numbers.
Motorola kills off the Webtop, Google continues to make good on its promise to un-ruin the company.
Sony halts sales of Xperia Tablet S after learning that saying something is splash proof means that people will pour water all over your product to test that claim.
The One X and S are getting Jelly Bean this month. That's good.
The Samsung Galaxy Camera is coming to AT&T, because a point and shoot camera with a monthly data plan attached to it will sell like crazy.
PlayStation Mobile is now available for some devices, but if it's not compatible with yours, don't worry: it sucks.
In Other News
Lightplay is a pico projector with Android. Go look at it.
- If everybody made a Nexus, whose Nexus would you make your next?