Welcome to the Android Police Week In Review - your source for the biggest Android stories of the week. Don't forget, you can catch a lot of these stories (and more) on our weekly podcast.
- Is this a Nexus LG HTC Samsung Apple patent Key Lime Pie 5.0 10 7 4G LTE Google lawsuit Galaxy? Click to find out, and click here after reading to find a therapist.
- What we use: the apps, tools, devices, and other stuff Liam can't do without.
- Does Samsung really innovate? AKA, watch me get absolutely hammered in the comments section of yet another editorial.
- The Lenovo IdeaTab A2109 and the S2110: dual slates of suck.
- Plantronics BackBeat GO Bluetooth earbuds.
- Logitech UE 900 earbuds: $400. Just wanted to get the shocker out of the way.
- T-Mobile is acquiring MetroPCS, but really, MetroPCS is acquiring T-Mobile, and Deutsche Telekom will be the majority shareholder, but it'll still be called T-Mobile, and the networks will be operated separately, but also together. Got it?
- LG Optimus G Nexus: Yes, we're getting on board with this.
- 32GB Nexus 7 - need I say more?
- Prepare all your grains of salt: we're hearing detailed Android 4.2 rumors, and we're also seeing two new devices in our traffic logs that are running it. Oh, and LG Optimus G Nexus again.
Android at Arms
- Judge Koh lifts ban on Galaxy Tab 10.1. Now all you have to do is find a place to not buy one!
- Samsung v. Apple jury misconduct story #2252312.
- Samsung sold a lot of Galaxy S III's during some weeks after some things happened, because as we all know, correlation = causation. Period.
- Motorola wants to dismiss its own lawsuit against Apple. It's clearly a clever reverse psychology ploy!
- Google Wallet has gained another carrier partner. But it's US Cellular, so, move along.
- Google needs to spend money to fix Motorola? Unbelievable!
- Android has bigger numbers than Apple's numbers.
Motorola kills off the Webtop, Google continues to make good on its promise to un-ruin the company.
Sony halts sales of Xperia Tablet S after learning that saying something is splash proof means that people will pour water all over your product to test that claim.
The One X and S are getting Jelly Bean this month. That's good.
The Samsung Galaxy Camera is coming to AT&T, because a point and shoot camera with a monthly data plan attached to it will sell like crazy.
Motorola updates its ICS timeline again, decides Atrix, Electrify, and Photon users are all ripe for pissing off.
PlayStation Mobile is now available for some devices, but if it's not compatible with yours, don't worry: it sucks.
In Other News
Lightplay is a pico projector with Android. Go look at it.
- If everybody made a Nexus, whose Nexus would you make your next?