Looks like the Red Cross is on a roll. In just a few months, it has released what's becoming a series of not only impressive looking, but completely utile applications. First, they showed us how to perform simple CPR. Then, it was all about hurricane preparation. Now, the third app in the trio has been released, and this time it's dedicated to earthquakes.
The app covers all the basic information that you'd need to know in the case of an earthquake - before, during, and after. It can also notify you of when an earthquake happens near your area, including all pertinent information about the 'quake.
• Step-by-step instructions let you know what to do even before/during/after an earthquake, even if no data connectivity.
• Get notified when an earthquake occurs; see the intensity impact to your area or those of loved-ones with notifications generated by the United States Geological Survey (USGS).
• Let family and friends know you are okay with the customizable “I’m Safe” alert for Facebook, Twitter, email and text.
• Find open Red Cross shelters in your area when you need help.
• Stay safe when the lights are out with the Toolkit, including a strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions.
• Prepare for the worst by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation.
• Empower your family to stay safe and remain calm in an emergency by learning how to make and practice an emergency plan.
• Earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your hurricane knowledge with interactive quizzes.
• See an illustrated history of earthquakes in your area.
• Know how to what to do about food and drinking water when your area has been impacted by floods and power outages.
The app is, of course, free in the Store. Hit the widget to grab it.