Welcome to the Android Police Week In Review - your source for the biggest Android stories of the week. Don't forget, you can catch a lot of these stories (and more) on our weekly podcast.
- Sprint is doing LTE in places you might be and they want you to know.
- HTC's One X+ shows up on blurrycam for T-Mobile, but it might not actually be coming at all. What a tease.
- $99 Nexus 7? How about "no."
Android at Arms
- Apples wants $707 million more from Samsung, blood from stone.
- Google Play surpasses 25 billion downloads, wants to give you lots of things for tiny amounts of money.
- Google Play Services does something but I really don't know what.
- Searching for airfare from your tablet just got a lot less sucky.
- Barnes and Noble has launched its very own line of
Kindle FireNook HDs - check 'em out.
- They also launched the Nook
Instant VideoVideo Store.
- Want to root the LG Intuition? You can. Well, it'd probably be relevant to ask if you have one first. You probably don't. Why would you? You wouldn't. Glad we've got that all figured out.
- The Nexus 7 is now available in Japan, bigness remains to be seen.
- LG made a Vu II. Yes, your day is slightly worse for knowing this.
- Motorola updates its ICS update timeline, manages to piss off almost everyone in one fell swoop. They added a second swoop for good measure, too.
- Except ATRIX 2 owners, they're probably pretty happy.
- Meanwhile, Samsung is already doing it's Jelly Bean thing. Starting in Poland, with the Galaxy S III. You know who else started a rollout in Poland?
- The Transformer Prime is getting Jelly Bean up in Nordic country - that's Swede! And everywhere else.
- The Transformer Pad Infinity's Jelly Bean update wait just a got a little less finite.
- The T-Mobile One S got an update and it fixed stuff.
- The Xperia Ion finally gets Android 4.0, owners can finally feel a little less horrible about their purchase.
- Other device updates: Xyboard 8.2, Pantech Burst, Tablet S, Iconia Tab A700,
- Madfinger is teasing Shadowgun Deadzone, that teaser described in one phrase? Nipples of steel.
- Bag Piggies is out, it's Angry Birds constructor knockoff Rovio physics rehash HD fun stale cute buggy simple, other words critics say.
- Kairosoft has a new game out, and it's free. And sort of weird. The former is surprising, the latter a given.
In Other News
Ouya is still happening, in case you thought it wasn't for some reason.
Something about a web page wiping out your entire phone. No worries. At least for Galaxy S III owners.