Welcome to the Android Police Podcast, Episode 28. Don't forget - the Android Police Podcast's live broadcast is every Thursday at 5PM PST (www.androidpolice.com/podcast).
Subscribe to the Android Police Podcast:
- Matthew Smith, Host
- Bob Severns, Editor, A/V
- Cameron Summerson, Co-host
- David Ruddock, Co-host
- Eric Ravenscraft, Co-host
- HTC's One X+ shows up on blurrycam for T-Mobile, but it might not actually be coming at all. What a tease.
- $99 Nexus 7? How about "no."
Android at Arms
- Apples wants $707 million more from Samsung, blood from stone.
- Google Play surpasses 25 billion downloads, wants to give you lots of things for the cheap.
- Google Play Services does something but I really don't know what.
- Barnes and Noble has launched its very own line of
Kindle FireNook HDs - check 'em out.
- They also launched the Nook
Instant VideoVideo Store.
- The Nexus 7 is now available in Japan, bigness remains to be seen.
- LG made a Vu II. Yes, your day is slightly worse for knowing this.
- Motorola updates its ICS update timeline, manages to piss off almost everyone in one fell swoop.
- Except ATRIX 2 owners.
- Meanwhile, Samsung is already doing it's Jelly Bean thing. Starting in Poland, with the Galaxy S III. You know who else started a rollout in Poland?
- The Transformer Prime is getting Jelly Bean up in Nordic country - that's Swede! And everywhere else.
- The Transformer Pad Infinity's Jelly Bean update wait just a got a little less finite.
- The T-Mobile One S got an update and it fixed stuff.
- The Xperia Ion finally gets Android 4.0, owners can finally feel a little less horrible about their purchase.
- Madfinger is teasing Shadowgun Deadzone, that teaser described in one phrase? Nipples of steel.
- Bag Piggies is out, it's Angry Birds constructor knockoff Rovio physics rehash HD fun stale cute buggy simple, other words critics say.
In Other News
Ouya is still happening, in case you thought it wasn't for some reason.
Something about a web page wiping out your entire phone. No worries. At least for Galaxy S III owners.