Following the Ice Cream Sandwich update for the Xperia P last month, Sony is now rolling out the same software to the Xperia Go, Sola, and U.
The rollout for all three devices is beginning today and continuing over the next few weeks in global markets, so keep an eye on your notifications if you're eager to update your software.
As well as updating users' devices to Ice Cream Sandwich, this latest update also comes with new Sony media applications, including a new Walkman app.
Some of the cool features and functionality you can look forward to include:
- New ways to experience your tunes, images, videos and films with Sony’s media applications – “WALKMAN”, “Album” and “Movies”
- Extended standby mode, increasing standby time by up to four times (depending on user-profile and data consumption)
- Lock screen with improved functionality
- Resizable widgets for improved personalization
- Improved control of your mobile data consumption
- Recent Apps button for a clear overview of your applications
In order to update your phone, you'll have to connect to a PC or Mac. As always, software updates are subject to carrier requirements in different regions, so some users may have to wait longer than others to get the official update.
Source: Sony Xperia Product Blog