Welcome to the Android Police Podcast, Episode 28. Don't forget - the Android Police Podcast's live broadcast is every Thursday at 5PM PST (www.androidpolice.com/podcast).
Subscribe to the Android Police Podcast:
- Matthew Smith, Host
- Bob Severns, Editor, A/V
- Cameron Summerson, Co-host
- David Ruddock, Co-host
- Eric Ravenscraft, Co-host
- Samsung says rumors about the Galaxy S IV are bogus, wants you to buy products that actually exist now.
- Some stuff happened with Aliyun and Acer and Google and it's all sort of a mess. Google said one thing, then it turned out Aliyun was pirating Android apps, and then I said something about it so everything's OK now. Or something.
- Google bought Nik software, so that's cool.
- The RAZR i is here: Motorola finally figured out how to turn off the caps lock sort of. Here's it doing some benchmarks.
- The Galaxy Note II is coming to the US and Verizon's has a branded home button oh my god why. Adding insult to injury, the bootloader is, of course, locked on Verizon's version too.
- You can pre-order a Galaxy Note II on US Cellular for $300, if you want.
Acer announces 7" Jelly Bean tablet with SD card, commenters across the internet go wild.
Your Nexus 7 may experience issues if you stuff it to the brim with too much... stuff.
The $25 Google Play credit for the Nexus 7 is only offered for another week or so.
Device updates: Galaxy Exhilarate.
Chameleon launcher leaves beta, wants ten of your dollars.
In Other News
Sony is launching a PlayStation store for PlayStation certified Android PlayStation devices. PlayStation PlayStation PlayStation.