The team at Chameleon Launcher appear to be keeping up their breakneck-pace for updates, and today have hit a significant milestone in that ongoing process: their first release candidate. It's a pretty big deal for the once-upon-a-time Kickstarter project, and while I personally haven't found much use for it, there's no denying the Chameleon team has absolutely blown through the bugs and issues from the first beta released just a little over a month ago. The 0.9.5 release adds the following:
Here are some of the things included in this build:
- Added Dashboard Manager animations when adding/deleting a Dashboard.
- App Tray icons no longer get cut-off by some devices.
- Additional start-up time improvements.
- Fixed a major bug in the web views used for widgets causing bloated memory.
- Home Screens now go into an ‘Sleepy’ mode when inactive for a period of time.
- Fixed issue where widgets still sometimes appeared blank (fingers crossed).
- Fixed issue where widgets sometimes appear to be continually loading.
- There is now a max of only 4 home screens.
- Added “Shout-Outs” section, to make our Kickstarter backers famous! Thanks for the support.
- Can now post tweets/updates from Twitter and Facebook Widgets when the native apps are installed.
- Added, updated and finalized the default Chameleon wallpapers.
In addition, the changelog outlines some ongoing issues that are still being sorted out:
Some things we are still working on:
- Gmail widget is still blocking a lot of authentication requests.
- Google+ widget is coming soon.
- Calendar widget is coming soon.
Congrats to the guys at Chameleon for making it this far - let's hope this evolving concept continues to move forward to an official public launch on the Play Store.