Two days ago, Chameleon received an update that brought one of the biggest features yet: the widget API. Not content with one big update this week, however, the Chameleon Team has just push a major performance-improving build to the Play Store, bringing the launcher up to v0.9.2.
The list of fixes and improvements is a good one this go around:
- Major improvement to memory usage.
- Much faster start-up, especially for devices running ICS or newer.
- More stable, with several bug and crash fixes.
- Improved adding/removing of Dashboards.
- Improved Time/Date based conditions (Dashboard context).
- Improved “Edit Conditions” View (now faster and uses less memory).
- Drastically improved issues with Widgets appearing blank or being drawn twice.
- Reduced size of .apk file.
- Added a countdown timer graphic to Dashboard switching prompt.
If v0.9.0 was the biggest feature update to Chameleon thus far, v0.9.2 is undoubtedly the large performance-enhancing update yet. After messing around with this build for just a few minutes, I can definitely feel the difference - everything is sharper, more fluid, and just all around faster. If you're a Chameleon beta tester, you'll definitely want to install this as soon as possible.