Verizon is presently announcing its brand-new smartphone lineup, and they've started with the DROID RAZR HD, and its MAXX sibling.
Both are sporting 4.7" SAMOLED Gorilla Glass displays, but Motorola says they have the same size footprint as the original RAZR, which is pretty impressive. The S4 Snapdragon dual-core processor powers these devices, and they will run Android 4.0 out of the box. Motorola, however, has said both will have Jelly Bean before the year's end. They will be available "before the holidays" according to Verizon.
Here are the specs in a slightly more readable format, at least what we know of them:
DROID RAZR HD / MAXX Specs
- 4.7" SAMOLED HD 720p display with Gorilla Glass
- 1.5GHz dual-core processor (most likely MSM8960 Snapdragon)
- Android 4.0.4
- Verizon 4G LTE
- 1GB RAM
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 16GB (12GB usable) internal storage for HD, 32GB (26GB usable) for MAXX HD
- 8MP rear camera, 1.3MP front camera
- microSD slot
- 2500mAh battery for RAZR HD, 3300mAh for MAXX HD (21 hours talk time, 10 hours video streaming, 27 hours music steaming)
- NFC-enabled (no mention of Wallet)
Other than that, there isn't much to know - Moto was pretty scant on details. There wasn't even anything on pricing. We'll have some hands-on time soon enough, so we'll you keep in the loop as we learn more.
Excerpted press release:
DROID RAZR HD: Performance and Power
Building on the DROID RAZR legacy, the new DROID RAZR HD expands the innovation with a new 4.7-inch Super AMOLED HD display that allows movies, photos, magazines and even websites to appear with vivid clarity. DROID RAZR HD provides customers with 78 percent more pixels for a more vibrant display and features 40 percent greater battery capacity than the original DROID RAZR.
The viewdini app is at its best with the HD display and 4G LTE speeds to watch movies, television shows and other video content. Viewdini brings the power of Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network to the screen by streamlining access to videos from a wide range of content providers, including cable operators, websites and other popular video sources. The viewdini app can be downloaded from Google Play.
DROID RAZR MAXX HD: Long Live the Battery
Packed with the same leading features as DROID RAZR HD, the DROID RAZR MAXX HD raises the industry standard for battery life with 32 hours of normal use. The DROID RAZR MAXX HD is remarkably thin, yet packs sufficient battery power for 13 hours of straight video playback, enough to watch a movie trilogy without needing a charge. Customers also have enough battery life to talk the day away with up to 21 hours of continuous talk time or browse the Web on 4G LTE for up to a full eight hours.
A Trilogy of Premium Design, Speed and Features:
· 4G LTE – customers can expect fast download speeds of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G LTE coverage areas.
· Interactive Circles Widget allows quick access to notifications, weather, time and more
· Quick Settings can be accessed directly from the home screen so customers can easily manage their volume profile, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth®, GPS and more
· Enhanced Help Guides provide interactive tutorials, help topics and tips to become a DROID RAZR expert
· Global Ready so customers can have voice and data service in more than 205 countries
· Business ready with enterprise grade security and data encryption, remote wipe, complex password support, IPsec multi-headed VPN client and Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync® support
· 1.5 GHz dual-core processor and 1 GB RAM
· Mobile Hotspot – Share a 4G LTE connection with up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices
· 8-megapixel camera with LED flash and 1080p HD recording
· Front-facing camera for video chatting
· NFC-enabled so customers can send contacts, links, maps and more directly to compatible phones with Android Beam™
· Corning® Gorilla® Glass display, DuPont™ KEVLAR® fiber and water-repellent nanocoating
· microSD™ card slot with support for up to 32 GB