We first caught a glimpse of Sony's upcoming flagship tablet back at the end of July, and now it's official. Dubbed the Xperia Tablet S, it's undeniably the successor to last year's Tablet S. The specs from the aforementioned leak were essentially spot on:
- Slim new aluminium body and splash-proof design
- 9.4” HD display with OptiContrast™ Panel with low-friction coating
- NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 quad-core processor and Android 4.0.3 operating system
- Android version 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Various experiences with original applications and Sony’s network services
- Optimized accessories (sold separately) to enhance experiences in every scene
The Sony Xperia Tablet S will be available beginning in September '12, though pricing information has yet to be announced.
Update: The 16GB version will sell for $400, with the 32GB and 64GB going for $500 and $600, respectively.
More info: Sony Blog