This is Sony's successor to last year's Tablet S, and packs a nice upgrade in the spec department:
- Slim new aluminum body and splash-proof design
- 9.4” HD display with OptiContrast Panel with low-friction coating
- NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 quad-core processor and Android 4.0.3 operating system
- 1GB RAM
- Android version 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Various experiences with original applications and Sony’s network services
According to Sony, the device is expected to ship in early September, so getting your order in now guarantees that you'll have it as soon it's released. The XTS is available in three different storage increments: 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB, which will set you back $400, $500, and $600 respectively. I have to admit, tacking on an extra $100 for 16GB of storage space is a little (read: quite a bit) over the top, but if you simply must have more than 16GB, you have little choice but to shell out the extra dough.
If, for some reason, you would prefer to order through more official channels, it's also available from Sony's online store.