Over a year ago, Google removed the Grooveshark app from what was then the Android Market due to a violation of the terms of service. Of course, with a service like Grooveshark, being removed from the Play Store was just the first of its worries - the company has definitely seen its fair share of legal issues over the last several months. Still, after its departure from the Store, Grooveshark continued to offer the app free of charge through its website.
Those days have come and gone, and after "working closely with Google," the Grooveshark app has been fully reinstated into the Play Store. Not only is the app back in the Store, but it brought new goodies along with it:
Always free features, no paid subscription needed:
- Unlimited streaming of over 20 genre Radio Stations, with hand-tagged selections from the millions of songs in our library.
- Launch a custom Radio Station based on any song you choose, and tailor it further to your taste by skipping and liking songs.
Features for Grooveshark Anywhere subscribers ($9/mo.) or those using the free trial:
- Free, unlimited on-demand music streaming.
- Take your music collection with you everywhere: Favorites, Playlists, Radio Stations, and the community of music fans on Grooveshark!
- Offline your most frequently played songs for uninterrupted listening even when there's no stable connection.
- Choose from one of our genre Radio Stations or launch a personalized station based on any song in your queue, with no song skip or listening limits. Save particularly good sessions as Playlists for continued listening later.
- Create, save, and share unlimited Playlists with friends.
- Connect your social media profiles to easily share your music with friends.
- Explore Popular songs and see what the Grooveshark community is listening to.
The app is free, so go grab it - you never know when it might disappear again!