It's time for yet another Android Police Week In Review - don't forget to check out these stories and a lot more [off-topic banter] in our weekly podcast, too!
- The Meizu MX 4-Core: like sticking a V10 in a Ford Pinto.
- The Solid Gray Polypropylene Backpack: so this is what a hermit crab feels like.
- MEElectronic Air-Fi AF9 Bluetooth Earbuds
- Sprint LTE is coming to FOUR MORE MARKETS before Labor Day. Guys? Is this thing on?
- Though they may not be adding enough. Four's good, right?
- AT&T turned on LTE in four more markets, too.
- Samsung's announcing a new Galaxy-thing on August 15th.
- The Galaxy Note 10.1 is coming. At some point. Probably. Here's some guy taking one out of a box.
Android at Arms (legal news)
- Apple got the Galaxy Tab 7.7 banned in Europe and it's possible someone cared.
- Apple says Samsung owes it $2.5 billion. Better find an ATM.
- Samsung made a whoopsie and removed unified search from the international Galaxy S III "accidentally." It brought it back, too. And I'm sure Samsung had its best "I'm sorry" face on.
- Kansas City, we hate you. But we totally want to move in to your place, dude.
- Oh and Google did something with handwriting recognition in mobile search and seriously where the hell is my gigabit fiber internet?
The Hotsheet (device news)
- The Motorola Photon Q: because at least one person asked for a QWERTY phone on Sprint. And they'll be able to unlock the bootloader at some undetermined date.
- The 16GB Nexus 7 has been backordered into oblivion online, but not at brick and mortar locations. Staples reportedly "very excited" that for the first time in history people are actually talking about going to Staples.
- EVO 4G LTE owners can get $25 to rent some movies from HTC Watch, which surprisingly exists.
- The RAZR HD is coming and oh look a butterfly.
- The Nexus Q is out of stock on the Play Store after briefly being in stock, and let's be honest, there really is no way it's because people were actually buying them.
- The Vizio Co-Star: the least bad you can feel about purchasing a Google TV, because it's only $99.
- Jelly Bean is coming to the One X, XL, and S. They apparently haven't finished throwing darts at the wall calendar for the ETA.
- It's also coming to the Transformer Pad, Prime, and Infinity.
- Device updates: XOOM (Wi-Fi), Nexus S, LG Nitro, Galaxy S III (Sprint) and Galaxy Nexus (Sprint), HTC Flyer (US Cellular).
- Final Fantasy (yes, the first one) is out for Android, meaning my Nexus 7 is going to be plugged into its charger non-stop for the next few weeks.
- The Nexus Q app finally actually works with other devices, but it does require you actually have a Nexus Q, too. So I'm not sure why I'm putting it in this list, then.
- Asphalt 7 Review: You still shouldn't buy a racing game for a smartphone.
- The Dark Knight Rises for Android review: Can we just stop the movie games, please?
- Are you going to the Olympics? Or are you trying to live out some sort of weird vicarious fantasy about actually being there? These apps might help.
- Sharing your Wi-Fi passwords between devices just got easier.