The Android Police Podcast apologizes for our non-liveness this week, but hey, you can hear to what we said anyway while no one was listening. This week we're talking Apple v. Samsung, Samuel L. Jackson's apartment building, and how much we hate Kansas City / want to move there.
Subscribe to the Android Police Podcast:
- Matthew Smith, Host
- Bob Severns, Editor, A/V, button-presser
- David Ruddock, Co-host
- Cameron Summerson, Co-host
- Eric Ravenscraft, Co-host
- Sprint LTE is coming to FOUR MORE MARKETS before Labor Day. Guys? Is this thing on?
- Though they may not be adding enough. Four's enough, right?
- AT&T turned on LTE in four more markets, too.
- Samsung's announcing a new Galaxy-thing on August 15th.
- The Galaxy Note 10.1 is coming. At some point. Probably. Here's some guy taking one out of a box.
Android at Arms (legal news)
- Apple got the Galaxy Tab 7.7 banned in Europe and it's possible someone cared.
- Apple says Samsung owes it $2.5 billion. Better find an ATM.
- Samsung made a whoopsie and removed unified search from the international Galaxy S III "accidentally."
- Kansas City, we hate you. But we totally want to move in to your place, dude.
- Oh and Google did something with handwriting recognition in mobile search and seriously Google where the hell is my gigabit fiber internet?
The Hotsheet (device news)
- The Motorola Photon Q: because at least one person asked for a QWERTY phone on Sprint. And they'll be able to unlock the bootloader at some undetermined date.
- The 16GB Nexus 7 has been backordered into oblivion online, but not at brick and mortar locations. Staples reportedly "very excited" that for the first time in history people are actually talking about going to Staples.
- EVO 4G LTE owners can get $25 to rent some movies from HTC Watch, which surprisingly exists.
- The RAZR HD is coming and oh look a butterfly.
- The Nexus Q is out of stock on the Play Store after briefly being in stock, and there really is no way it's because people were actually buying them.
- The Vizio Co-Star: the least bad you'll feel about buying a Google TV, because it's only $99.
- Jelly Bean is coming to the One X, XL, and S. They apparently haven't finished throwing darts at the wall calendar for the ETA.
- It's also coming to the Transform Pad, Prime, and Infinity.
- Device updates: XOOM (Wi-Fi), Nexus S.
- The Meizu MX 4-Core: like sticking a V10 in a Ford Pinto.